Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Food You Crave



I happened upon a copy of this book in my local library's sale bin. It was 1.00. I had to buy it. I was surprised that a Food Network book with a 2008 publication date was in the bin, but after exploring her website....well, I kind of get it. Apparently the book is a good deal if you sign up for the diet plan at the same time.

I sat down to glance thru it, and saw some interesting things, and some things that made no sense to me whatsoever. The sandwiches made from two portobellos (no bread) SOUND good, but would be a total pain to eat!

Generally, tho, she's trying to get people to eat more vegetables, and do it so the veggies get a reputation for deliciousness. I can get behind that idea. This book is totally worth checking out at your local library.

One of the things she advocates is a well stocked pantry. I glanced down the list-what do you know, I have almost everything on there-excepting Chipotles in adobo, buckwheat flour, and a few other things. (But I do have flaxseed-I want some points for having flaxseed!!!) I have no idea WHAT to do with tahini (besides make hummus, which I like, but come on! what do I do with the rest of the jar?) and according to the index, neither does she.



The recipe I want to try this week is cold avocado soup. That sounds deee-licious, doesn't it? Last week I made sopaipilla cheesecake-it was good and it was a snap to put together! You should bookmark THAT recipe, because it's a zero-to-hero cinch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How was dinner? I'd love to hear your ideas, opinions, and suggestions.